[mythtv-users] Mythtranscode (lossless cutting commercials) and audio track names

Michael Stucky mike at stucky.us
Sat Aug 3 22:11:11 UTC 2013

On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 5:54 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 5:34 PM, Michael Stucky <mike at stucky.us> wrote:
>
>> It is my understanding that the problem is the conversion of the mpeg2
>> "ts" stream to mpeg2 "ps". Any process (mythtranscode, projectx, ffmpeg,
>> etc.) that does this conversion will loose the language identification. As
>> a result most non-Myth video players and sometime MythTV itself have
>> trouble selecting the "correct" or "best" audio track.
>>
>> The only solution I have found to this problem is remove unwanted audio
>> track(s) before mythtranscode is run. Fortunately, ffmpeg/mythffmpeg allows
>> you to specify which tracks to include and by default will copy the first
>> video and first audio track as follows:
>>

> [snip]
>
> Just curious. Are you using the .26-fixes mythtranscode in your process.
> I'm one of the people who reinstalled .25's mythtranscode because of the
> deadlock issue in .26's version.

I was using .26-fixes mythtranscode in my process until last week when .27
went into alpha status. I have since upgraded from .26-fixes to .27-fixes
and my script continues to work as expected. One thing that I noticed about
.26-fixes mythtranscode was that it seemed to mess with the recording
"duration" and "bitrate" which is why I decided to go ahead and migrate to
.27. If .25's mythtranscode is working for you on .26 that should not
affect my script (you should do your own testing of course... ;^)

Mike