[mythtv-users] record at any time on channel <CHANNEL> is missing in master soon to be .27

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Sat Aug 3 22:28:58 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-08-04 at 10:06 +1200, HP-mini wrote:
> On Sat, 2013-08-03 at 21:37 +1000, Anthony Giggins wrote:
> >

> The majority seem to want the shared social experience of watching the
> same thing at the same time, & that is being reinforced by social
> networking on SWD inc smartTV. Good EPG is not required.

I don't mean to suggest this is all bad..
Shared watching experience of natural disasters/elections/debates/major
sporting events is probably a good thing.

The increasing monetarization/advertising product endorsements &
placements via social networking in parallel to the TV broadcast does
not need good EPG & demands LiveTV..