[mythtv-users] 0.25 to 0.26 upgrade issue with MYSQL

Steve Greene sgreene59 at verizon.net
Sun Aug 4 20:18:17 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-08-04 at 11:56 +1200, Paul Kendall wrote:

> In my setup I have bind-address=0.0.0.0
> i.e. any/all addresses
>

> Cheers,
> Paul

Ok, started again from scratch, after some dpkg craziness with Mint
wanting to setup another Mysql Administrator "sys-debian-maintainer" or
such, I pointed it back to the root account I previously setup, which in
turn supposedly registered my IP address with myth. "Supposedly". After
editing "/etc/mysql/my.cnf" to point to my local IP and changing the
permissions in mysql to grant all to my subnet. I still have the issue.

Manually connecting to the database fails using the commandline: mysql
-h 192.168.1.2 -u mythtv -p, yielding the message "ERROR 1045 (28000):
Access denied for user 'mythtv'@'hostname.local' (using password: YES)".
Still mystified.

Steve