[mythtv-users] record at any time on channel <CHANNEL> is missing in master soon to be .27

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Tue Aug 6 15:50:07 UTC 2013

On 2013-07-24, at 3:31 PM, David Engel wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 02:03:39PM -0400, George Nassas wrote:
>> One aside to David: on the upcoming screen there used to be a menu item “Don’t record this showing” which was handy for quickly overruling myth’s choice in a scheduling conflict. That seems to be gone with no other way to achieve the same effect. I think now you have to go to the “C” recording and do an override with a priority bump so it beats myth’s choice. That’s kind of roundy round, it would be great to have the one button thing come back and have it do the right thing in the background.
>
> That still works AFAICT.  If you can create a case where it doesn't,
> please let me know.

Reviving this as today is the first chance I’ve had to reproduce the issue. I just built a fresh pull from master but I bet any build from the last two months or more will show the problem.

From the frontend: find something on the schedule which only appears once and make a “find one” rule for it. Then, for shows in the same time slot, create enough “record all” rules to induce a conflict. I have five tuners so I did five record alls (with no duplicate matching) in addition to the single "find one". The “find one” has higher priority so one of the “record all” shows will end up conflicted. The popup menu on the “C” recording offers to “never record this episode” while the other, scheduled, recordings give you the option to “don’t record this showing.” Typically you want the “don’t record this showing” offered for the “C” recording so you can move it aside to tell if there are further conflicts later in your schedule. “Never record this episode” work too I guess but it’s a bit drastic.

The easy workaround is to temporarily “don’t record this showing” on one of the "winning” shows, do a “don’t record” on the formerly conflicted showing, and finally clear the “don’t record” on the first show. So, this isn’t the most urgent bug but it would be nice to get consistency. I can open a ticket if you wish or you can or maybe the root problem is already identified under a different description, I didn’t look.

- George