[mythtv-users] help! Ubuntu upgrade ate my mythtv

Dan Kressin dkressin at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 6 22:32:13 UTC 2013

Thanks for the info.

I verified that /var/lib/mysql/mythconverg exists and contains quite a bit of stuff, and a backup taken "now" (post backend removal) seems to be schema 1254 (vs 1214) *and* is ~21MB, similar to my other backups.  So I'm reasonably sure my data is safe.  I will proceed with installing mythtv-backend-master this evening and see how it goes.  Worst case, I do have a filesystem backup of the 8.04 system.

-Dan