[mythtv-users] MythTV UPnP support for XBOX 360?

Phil Linttell phil.linttell at rogers.com
Wed Aug 7 19:42:20 UTC 2013

I've been searching the mailing lists, and trac, and I can't tell
whether UPnP video playback on the XBOX 360 is meant to work.

My teenage son has an XBOX 360, and while it can see the MythTV server,
it shows no videos available.  I've been running MythTV for over 4
years, and all of my recordings have been made by a pair of HD-PVRs and
are encoded in H.264.
It seems that at some point UPnP support for the XBOX 360 was broken,
and trac tickets #9632 and #10020 addressed it.  However, these patches
are 2 years old and don't apply cleanly on 0.26-fixes.

Just wondering if anyone is using an XBOX 360 for UPnP video playback,
and if there are any secrets or tricks to making it work with 0.26?
Thanks!
Phil