[mythtv-users] Frontend as cable settop box--using Live-TV

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Sat Aug 10 21:02:12 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-08-10 at 12:15 -0500, Rob Davis wrote:
> On 08/08/13 12:03, lists.md301 wrote:
>

> > On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Phil Bridges
> > <gravityhammer at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> >         I use LiveTV on .26-fixes quite a bit, with a HD Homerun and
> >         a HD HomeRun Prime.
> >

> > Thank you, that's the kind of response I was hoping for.  That's
> > helpful to hear, as that's my exact setup, though I will either be
> > dropping the HD Homerun, when I lose clear-QAM, though possibly may
> > connect it to the antenna.
> >

> > One particular feature I am looking forward to taking advantage of
> > is the separate Recording and LiveTV tuner priorities.  As I
> > mentioned in another mailing list message, I got "behind" on
> > upgrading because of Gentoo ebuilds that I felt confident about,
> > with the abandonment of github ebuilds and a return to official
> > Portage support.  I plan to upgrade (in a chroot test partition
> > initially) once 0.27 has been released and flushed out a bit.
> >

> I too use 0.27 with an HD Homerun prime and 2 x HDHRs with 2 antennas
> (pointing to two different markets).  We use four different frontends
> and have few problems.  The biggest being when you select a channel
> which doesn't sync.  I have a slingbox in the UK, and am trying to get
> it to work in MythTV as an additional source.  At the moment it is not
> working, but if the frontend gets changed to that source (which I know
> doesn't work), it will never work again as I can't get it to change
> source or to a channel which does work.. (I do have a hack which
> allows it to work long enough to change channel).
>
> Essentially, if Myth changes to a channel which no longer works, it
> would be great if instead of dying with "Sync Error" or whatever and
> then freezing, we could have, please type alternative channel number,
> it would fix 90% of the grumbling.
>
> I'm guessing this error could be duplicated in most regions with
> digital TV by watching a channel, then pulling the antenna/cable line
> out of the backend.
>
> --
You can configure LiveTV to start via the program schedule screen..
Would this solve part of the problem?

I use that setup because HLS (liveTV) is so slow to start (not mythtv
problem) & it is much more efficient to directly select target channel.

Is HLS liveTV still working for you in master since recent changes to
MythDownloadManager ?