[mythtv-users] VAAPI does not work

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Sun Aug 11 10:13:53 UTC 2013

On 11.08.2013 11:10, Fred Watt wrote:
> On 11/08/13 09:37, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 5:39 PM, Thomas Börkel<thomas at boerkel.de>  wrote:
>>> Any idea how I could find out what the problem is?
>> Some have reported at least partial success by using
>> the latest Intel drivers direct from Intel available at:
>>
>>    https://01.org/linuxgraphics/downloads
>>
>> More information about the success (and limitations)
>> of the VAAPI support can be found in the list archives.

> Might be of interest. If using Ubuntu bear in mind; 01.org only provide
> the package for the last two revisions of ubuntu 13.04, 12.10. I use
> 12.04LTS which, for example, is no longer supported.

Oh no, everything is being mixed up... I took a quick look at their page
only, so take everything with a grain of salt!

Ubuntu 12.04LTS is support by Ubuntu and its the latest supported
release for Mythbuntu!

Looks like Intel did not adjust their driver-life-cycle to the
Long-Term-Support concept, yet, and EOLd their driver for the LTS
version. Maybe a nice mail can get them to reconsider and keep the LTS
version around as deprecated but not EOL. Aka no updates, but you can
still download it and get questions answered. (thinking of FAQ and
known error lists.)

Regards,
Karl