[mythtv-users] VAAPI does not work

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Aug 12 02:29:45 UTC 2013

On Sun, 11 Aug 2013 20:48:54 +0200, you wrote:

>HI!
>
>On 11.08.2013 10:37, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
>
>> Some have reported at least partial success by using
>> the latest Intel drivers direct from Intel available at:
>>
>>   https://01.org/linuxgraphics/downloads
>
>OK, I have 2.20.13 installed, they have 2.21.9. But I can install up to
>2.21.14 from Gentoo, will try that.
>
>> More information about the success (and limitations)
>> of the VAAPI support can be found in the list archives.
>
>Did not find much yet, but will try again.
>
>Anyone here have it running?
>
>Regards,
>Thomas

I have VAAPI running nicely on my MSI GT70 laptop with Mythbuntu
12.04.  It was problematic until someone on the list mentioned the
01.org installer.  After I used that, and switched the Paint (?)
setting, it has been working nicely.  But now the 01.org installer is
gone for 12.04, that is not an option.  Maybe the standard Intel
driver packages for 12.04 have been updated to what 01.org provided
for me - but I suspect that it was the installer getting all the right
matching versions of things that made the difference.