[mythtv-users] how to remove "schedule recordings" menu item

lists at muddysmind.com lists at muddysmind.com
Tue Aug 13 05:02:11 UTC 2013

Hello all,
I'm trying to prevent my family from recording items and since there is no
built in ability to password protect that menu item my only hope is to
remove it from the machines they have access to. I read on an much older
thread someone suggesting to someone else with a similar issue that they
just remove that item from the menu but for the life of me I can't figure
out where/how to do it.
I assume they are hard coded into the mythfrontend.real binary?
I checked the sql database for any mention of this menu item but did not
see anything.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Muddy