[mythtv-users] Ensure STB is on

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 11:35:23 UTC 2013

Greetings Mythizens, I have followed this wiki;
"https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Motorola_DCT700_Channel_Change_Script"
to set up my remote definition and change channel script, it's functional,
but sometimes I loose the first channel digit. I'm hoping the
implementation of the Curious Onlooker from this post:
"http://evuraan.blogspot.ca/2008/01/how-to-ensure-set-top-box-stb-is.html"
will not only ensure my STB is powered on, but also revive it enough to
accept all channel digits.(subsequent irsend's seem to be fully accepted)
My problem is that I don't know where to put the script he suggests. I've
installed the ffmpeg and jp2a from software center. Does the new script go
in the same directory as the change-channel.sh with a reference in the file
to it? I get even more confused when I look at the "example" link on
Curious Onlooker's post.

I'm running MythTV 0.25 inside a Ubuntu 12.04 lts desktop with a serial IR
Blaster connected to a DCT700 STB, the front & back end in one box uses my
Plasma TV for a monitor. Will Curious Onlooker's script work with my
set-up, if so How? Or is there a better solution?

Daryl