[mythtv-users] Hauppauge DVBT-500 Unable to Tune in MythTV

Ian Barton lists at wilkesley.net
Thu Aug 15 14:09:07 UTC 2013

I have recently setup up a new system, but re-used my old tuner cards. I
am using Archlinux. I have a problem with my Nova DVBT-500. In Myth I
keep getting the "Timed out...." when I try to watch a program using
this tuner. This card has worked faultlessly in several other computers
over the years.

When I use Kaffeine it can use the tuner with no problems. Thee are no
errors in the backend log relating to the tuner. I have tried deleting
and re-adding all the tuner cards. I have also tried increasing the
various time out options in the card setup.

Given that it works with Kaffeine, the card and drivers must be OK, but
I have run out of ideas to get it working with MythTV.