[mythtv-users] Upgrading from .25 to .26 worthwhile?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Aug 15 14:11:50 UTC 2013

On 08/15/2013 09:52 AM, Joseph Fry wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 9:48 AM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 9:27 AM, Aaron Klein wrote:
>>> Im wondering if it is worth while to upgrade my setup from .25 to the .26
>>> release.  I have looked over the change log and see that there are several
>>> changes of course and it looks like there is some DB changes that occur
>>> based on the change in how time is stored.  For those that have moved from
>>> .25 to .26 im curious what you feel are the highpoints that would drive the
>>> upgrade aside from doing it to run the latest current release.  My .25 setup
>>> has been extremly stable for well over a year.
>>>
>>> I am running Ubuntu 12.04 release if that maters.
>> It's my understanding that .26 will not run on 12.04 Lts. I assume the next
>> Lts release will be compatible with the latest Myth distro, but until then
>> I'm staying with 12.04 and .25, primarily because of my newbie status.
>
> 0.26 runs fine on 12.04.

Yes.  See:

http://www.mythbuntu.org/repos

for more information (including a nice picture showing that 12.04--the
currently-recommended version of Ubuntu for running MythTV--supports
0.25 through current development version, and will support 0.27
(assuming we release 0.27 before the next LTS Ubuntu is released :)).
Specifically, "Mythbuntu will provide Bundled Version & Bundled
Version+1 of MythTV for regular releases and every MythTV version
released during the lifetime (2 years) of a Mythbuntu LTS release."

Mike