[mythtv-users] Hauppauge DVBT-500 Unable to Tune in MythTV

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri Aug 16 08:50:45 UTC 2013

On 16/08/13 09:22, Ian Barton wrote:
> On 15/08/13 16:17, Ian Barton wrote:

>>> Then you'll have to look at the backend logs to see what's failing, and
>>> try to figure out what's misconfigured in the new card definitions you
>>> created.
>>>

>> I delete all cards and just added back the DVBT-500. I didn't change
>> anything, as this has worked in the past without me tweaking stuff.
>>
>> Now in the log I get:
>>
>> 2013-08-15 15:16:15.125709 I [403/605] TVRecEvent tv_rec.cpp:3562
>> (TuningCheckForHWChange) - TVRec(5): HW Tuner: 5->5
>> 2013-08-15 15:16:15.165802 W [403/605] TVRecEvent dvbchannel.cpp:414
>> (CheckOptions) - DVBChan(5:/dev/dvb/adapter2/fronte
>> nd0): 'Auto' bandwidth parameter unsupported by this driver.
>>
>> However, I can't see any place to alter the bandwidth param.
>>

> Some slight progress. When I get the "Time out tuning...", if I choose another
> channel the tuner can tune OK. However, it won't tune some channels which I
> suspect are all on a different multiplex. The other Avermedia tuner can tune to
> these without any problems.
>
> As far as I know no changes have been made to channels since the last big
> shakeup a few months ago. I'll try re-scanning for channels and see if that
> helps. I may be gone some time....

You may wish to review your last statement. We have had BT Sport 1 and 2 added
just recently (this week). Hasn't affected my myth installation that I know of -
though I know I'll have to spend a morning re-scanning - but it completely blew
away the TV. I had to reset to factory settings and that has blown away all my
myth customisations :(

--

Mike Perkins