[mythtv-users] Audio only frontend

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri Aug 16 18:09:44 UTC 2013

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 10:27 AM, Gavin Whitehead
<gavin at alabastercranium.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Is anybody using an audio only frontend?
>
> We want to replace the (broken) DAB radio in the kitchen and it occurred to
> me that, with the right device, I could stream radio from the DVB-S2 or
> DVB-T tuners - no picture required.  Is anybody doing anything like that?
> If so, what are you using as a frontend?

I'm not, but you may want to look into the possibility of using a
Squeezebox Radio or something compatible.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support/squeezebox-radio-black?crid=409

There's Linux software that can feed data to these:

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/SlimServer

You can run run that server on your mythtv backend and make available
the same files used by MythMusic.  I don't think it would work with
DVB tuners out of the box, but if you're looking to get your hands
dirty it probably wouldn't be too hard to hack something together.

Eric