[mythtv-users] Anyone using arm with mythbackend?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 23:30:19 UTC 2013

On 17 August 2013 09:06, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:

> No one here is anti-ARM.  For low power uses, it's a wonderful core.

sorry, but it certainly feels like you are...
Always the first to jump in to say on how unpowerful and inadequate they are...

> ARMs, Atoms, and E-series Athlons simply cannot be recommended, and should only be used by experienced MythTV users who have a grasp on what they're needs will be, and can estimate on their own if a low performance processor such as those will meet them.  Such users don't need to turn to the mailing list for such information.

I totally disagree there, especially as frontend.
A Pi makes a great xbmc frontend, so why wouldn't it be good for
mythtv. That only shows the lack of hardware support with mythtv; not
so much the inadequacy of the hardware.