[mythtv-users] Fwd: problems

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sat Aug 17 14:17:29 UTC 2013

On 8/17/2013 6:55 AM, John Morra wrote:
> and push decode the video.

I'm not sure what this means.

> I have two HDMI outs according to the documentation I should send 1
> to the TV and a 2 to the receiver.

No.  You should send one HDMI output to the receiver, and use that for
audio AND video.  Then your Onkyo receiver should in turn pass the video
to your TV.

> All the recording go to the SSD when I want them to go to the 3T HD.
>  How do I change that.

Go into mythtv-setup, Storage Directories, and give it a path to record
to.  "Default" and "LiveTV" are the two built in recording storage
groups, or you can define your own that you can specify to use when
creating recording rules.

> Another issue is that I plug in my external 2TB drive and I cannot
> find them in any myth.

Again, mythtv-setup, Storage Directories.  You want to specify the path
for that drive in the "Videos" storage group.  You should also specify a
path for the handful of image storage groups if you intend to pull
metadata for the content on that drive.  In the frontend, go into the
Video Library, press 'm', and select "Scan for Changes".