[mythtv-users] Segmentation Fault on Debian Wheezy with 0.26

Peter Carlsson maillist.peter at home.se
Mon Aug 19 09:39:09 UTC 2013

On Sun, 18 Aug 2013 19:50:54 +1000, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 18 August 2013 19:49, Peter Carlsson <maillist.peter at home.se> wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > Before I try to find the cause by myself I thought I'd ask here.
> >
> > I recently upgraded my combined BE/FE from Debian Squeeze to
> > Wheezy and along with that from MythTV 0.25 to 0.26.
> >
> > Every now and then I experience that the backend segmentation
> > faults. Is this perhaps a known issue or should I provide more
> > information to help solve this issue?
>
> impossible to tell without a backtrace..

According to http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Debugging I should install a
debug-enabled MythTV. I use the deb-multimedia packages and they do not
provide any mythtv-dbg.

Is it still possible to get a useful backtrace with my current installation
(pre-built packages from deb-multimedia) without compiling from source?

Best regards,
Peter Carlsson