[mythtv-users] Adjust Audio Sync issue during recording playback

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Mon Aug 19 19:09:15 UTC 2013

> Some of the recordings I make occasionally have lipsync issues. While
> playing them in mythfrontend (0.26), I use Menu -> Audio -> Adjust Audio
> Sync while playing the recording. The right and left arrows increase and
> decrease the audio sync value, and Enter or Esc accept the value. This is
> fine if I already have a good idea of which sync value is optimal for the
> recording, but sometimes I need to watch the recording for a while to
> confirm that my audio sync adjustment is correct. If I wait too long, the
> Audio Sync adjustment GUI is automatically exited. If I don't notice this
> and try to make further sync adjustments with the arrow keys, I sometimes
> end up skipping forward or back within the recording. This can be quite an
> inconvenience.
>
> Is there any way to configure mythfrontend so the Audio Sync adjustment GUI
> would stay active until I hit Enter or Esc? I'd like to be able to "sit" in
> the Audio Sync GUI until I've watched as much of the recording as necessary
> to confirm that I've got the adjustment tweaked to my liking.

I know there was a discussion about having all of the adjustment
overlays stay onscreen until the user closes them, I know because I
brought it up.  This would be valuable for just about any
"adjustment"... especially the audio sync.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/526382?do=post_view_flat#526382

Not sure if anyone has taken it on though.