[mythtv-users] ASTC~NSTC

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 19:30:16 UTC 2013

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 10:51 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> On 08/16/2013 02:33 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
>
>> The wiki covering general back end set up (written at the time of .21)
>> says "TV format" options include ASTC, NSTC, etc... In the distro I'm
>> using, .25, "TV Format" options start at NSTC with many other options
>> except ASTC. My set up is functional, so I'm not complaining, just curious,
>> Why can't I select ASTC? I'm using one analog card and one digital card at
>> the moment so any insights would be appreciated.
>>

> You would set it to NTSC for an ATSC system.  The setting isn't really
> used too much for ATSC, but choosing NTSC would allow you to use other
> things you might see in an ATSC area, such as NTSC via
> S-Video/Composite/... outputs from your old VCR or whatever.
>
> Mike

Agreed, that is what I selected, I just wondered why, if a wiki from a 0.21
distro professed an ATSC option, 0.25 doesn't offer one.
If I upgrade to 0.26 will I get an ATSC option? Would it even be useful
when I receive only 25 digital channels and some 75 analog channels?

Daryl