[mythtv-users] query early upgrade to 0.27

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 20 01:37:57 UTC 2013

Hi List, a quick query re 0.27.

I'm currently on fixes/0.26 but am new to MythTV so not particular set into
any particular way of doing things and am still working hard to get things
bedded down onto my particular setup - although am hopefully through the
worst of the pain.  Should I get on the front foot and get onto 0.27 now and
just deal with the problems as and when they occur (if they occur), or
should I sit it out and wait for those that know what they are doing to get
things sorted first. I kind of figure a lot of it is still fresh in my head
and I forget quick, so upgrading to 0.27 in 6 months time may be harder than
just doing it now.

I don't know a lot about how it all works but wondered whether the greater
the number of people running 0.27 and reporting their findings the quicker
it gets bedded down for everyone? And I don't mind the occasional bit of
pain from being on the bleeding edge...

Feedback welcome.

Mark.