[mythtv-users] BE off line

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 22:56:17 UTC 2013

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 3:41 PM, John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:

>>>  Checking again today the recording status for my PVR-150 card is "F".
>>> If I'm reading you correctly, Mr. Dean I need to focus on my input
>>> connections after deleting all capture cards (not delete all capture cards
>>> on <hostname>) and reinstalling them. I've assigned motorola to the
>>> [MPEG:/dev/video2/](Tuner 1). Do I need to delete these other aspects of
>>> this card?:
>>> [MPEG: /dev/video2] (S-video 1)
>>> [MPEG: /dev/video2] (composite 1)
>>> [MPEG: /dev/video2] (S-video 2)
>>> [MPEG: /dev/video2] (composite 2)
>>> as these all have nothing connected to them and no source assigned? And
>>> if so how? I've tried highlighting and the "d" key, to no avail.
>>>

>> I suggest looking at both your system logs, and the mythbackend logs.
>> There is probably a message in there somewhere which should give a clue as
>> to why your ivtv driver is having issues.
>>
>> You /may/ have to change your configuration such that mythbackend is run
>> with "-v record,channel" to get useful info.
>>

>> John

> I'd be happy to look at such logs. Unfortunately I have very little
> experience in such matters and will greatly appreciate detailed
> instructions for exactly how to do this, please and thank-you.

Unfortunately, the location of such logs can vary from one
distribution/install to the next.  On my Fedora19 box, the main system log
to look at would be:

/var/log/messages

and the mythbackend logs are found in the

/var/log/mythtv/

directory.

If you are familiar with IRC, I would suggest joining the #mythtv-users
(and #ubuntu-mythtv if you are using ubuntu) channels on irc.freenode.net.
That would allow you to get more real-time help.

John