[mythtv-users] Rerecord large groups of recordings in digital

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Aug 21 17:22:58 UTC 2013

On 08/21/2013 01:14 PM, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Michael T. Dean says:
>> TV Frontend|NEXTFAV adds a show to the playlist, but unfortunately,
>> there's no key binding to "Allow this program to re-record" and there's
>> no "Allow re-record" in the Playlist options menu (but I'd accept a
>> patch that adds one... :), so adding the items to a playlist won't help,
>> here.  :(
> Sorry, you're right. I only meant to provide information on the
> keybinding itself, not the larger issue of the lack of the rerecord
> functionality in the playlist mechanism. (NEXTFAV's connection with
> the playlist is certainly obscure, though; I don't think it's
> documented anywhere.)

Definitely.  I really need to get my "key bindings themes" patch in and
beg you to come up with a theme (that I assume, based on the posts I've
seen from you about your key bindings setup) will be a /much/ better set
of key bindings than our current default.  (And, maybe I'll get those
overrides unrolled (i.e. using NEXTFAV to put a recording into the
playlist, when there should be an action called PLAYLISTADD or whatever,
instead) when I do it, so that things will have intuitive names, all
around.)

Mike