[mythtv-users] BE off line

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 17:14:27 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 11:50 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> On 08/22/2013 11:05 AM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
>

>> Ok I'm starting to narrow this down some, it's just my PVR-150 card that
>> is going offline, and the last couple times I have just deleted  it and not
>> all cards, which brings it back. I hope that is not part of my problem.
>> Sometimes it shows up as "video0" and others as "video2" which necessitates
>> me editing my "check_stb" file, but I'm learning :).
>>

> If you mean it's changing from /dev/video0 to /dev/video2, that's probably
> what's causing the problem.  You need to ensure the device is always
> available at the location you've specified in setup.  You can do this
> through udev (i.e. creating a better-named link to the device file, such as
> /dev/pvr150 or /dev/ivtv0 or whatever) or with the kernel module option
> hack that allows you to specify a kernel number (ivtv_first_minor, I think).

Yes that's exactly what I mean. I took a look at the wiki that Mr
Buhrmaster recommended, which may take a couple of days to wrap my head
around, and I'm wondering if my Irish stubborn streak isn't a glitch causer
in the mix also. Along side of the PVR-150 is a K-World 150-U card that is
only functional within windows. Would physically removing it be a simpler
solution in that there would be only one NTSC card on the PCI bus which
would keep it consistently identified?

Daryl