[mythtv-users] OT(ish) - Roku as a Capture source?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 15:41:48 UTC 2013

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 2:50 PM,  <mythtv at phipps-hutton.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> Sorry, can't help with your problem but that sentence is breathtaking. Here
> is the UK even the final of the X factor only has about 15 minutes of
> commercials in each hour.

As a live sporting event, there are a number of unplanned
and (the 15-20 minute intermissions) planned periods where
commercials get inserted opportunistically.  My guess is
that the OP also skips the (usually inane) intermission talking
head commentary about the previous periods scores and
missed opportunities.  About an hour of actual play takes
about two hours real time (YMWV).  Starting about an
hour late is about right to watch the actual game.

Gary