[mythtv-users] Myth 0.27 - mythvideo file browse mode sort order

Kevon mythtv at reidsresidence.com
Sat Aug 24 05:06:54 UTC 2013

On 08/23/2013 10:07 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> I migrated all this to storage group, enabled the Show Directory
> Structure, and it worked and behave exactly as before, except its much
> faster and the same structure of files is now available to multiple
> frontends without having to fiddle with NFS or mounting directories.

> Time to move on to better options :)

That might be the answer. I have not looked at storage groups in ages.
However, I'm still using external player which I think does not work
with storage group (last I checked). My use of an external player is
more out of habit and some minor annoyance with the internal player
which I have not had time to look at. Two minor annoyances with the
internal player:
1. Remove the progress for paused videos. The only time I really need
the progress bar is when editing recordings. All the other time it just
gets in the way.
2. No random video playback. Yes, this is indispensable as it provides a
TV like viewing for the kids. I enjoy it as well when the TV is running
in the background. Play next is too static.