[mythtv-users] nuvoton-cir as remote receiver

Simon Paterson simon.paterson.nz at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 09:49:57 UTC 2013

On 24/08/13 02:53, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> I get it working with this configuration:
>
> LIRCD_ARGS=""
> START_LIRCMD=true
> LOAD_MODULES=true
> DRIVER="default"
> DEVICE="/dev/lirc0"
> MODULES="lirc_dev nuvoton-cir"
> LIRCD_CONF="/etc/lirc/lircd.conf"
> LIRCMD_CONF=""
>
> The back jack (EXIR) is for add a IR receiver? or IR transmitter? It
> will be great to send some IR command to the TV.
>
> Kind regards.

It could be for either. The Nuvoton IO controller (at least the one used
by the Intel MB I have) supports both a receiver, and two transmit
'channels'.

You'll probably need to open the case up and see where the cable from
the 'EXIR' jack connects to on the motherboard. There should hopefully
be some sort of meaningful identifier printed adjacent on the circuit
board. Also, if you've not already done so, identifying the make / model
of motherboard, and downloading its manual will probably provide more
information on the CIR capabilities.

The thought did just occur to me that maybe the case / system you have
already has the IR receiver part integrated into the front of the case,
and connected internally to the MB, leaving the rear connector for
optional IR transmitter(s). Identifying the MB CIR connectors, and what
is connected to them should clarify things either way.

Regards,
Simon