[mythtv-users] Permanently overriding aspect ratio for specific recordings

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Sat Aug 24 10:32:00 UTC 2013

On 21.08.2013 08:20, Marius Schrecker wrote:

>     see DVB Document A154 on frame compatible plano-stereoscopic DVB-3DTV
>     Annex B: HDTV service compatibility. [1]
>
>     Basically you fiddle with the H.264 bitstream to enable frame cropping
>     and change the sample aspect ratio.

> < br /> Thabnks for the pointer. It's way over my head, but I can
> certainly provide a sample file if that would be useful. Will try to
> extract something when I get time.

well, my idea was to put out a pointer to good keywords to search for a
tool that supports this fiddling :-)

cropping rectangle
frame crop offsets
sample aspect ratio
frame_cropping_flag
seq_parameter_set_data

helped me find

a ffmpeg filter to perform the fiddling
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=152419
but that only crops two sides, meh. I hope its been fixed since the post

Regards,
Karl