[mythtv-users] AudioOutputBase thread goes to 100% CPU after playing for a while

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Sat Aug 24 13:33:59 UTC 2013

HI!

Now I disabled real time threads (read somewhere that this could cause
problems), but it did not help.

But I think the audio buffer of the sound card matters.

I am outputting the audio over ALSA to 2 sound cards:
#1 onboard Intel audio
#2 Nvidia audio over HDMI

Card #1 already had 320 buffers through my startup script. Card #2 only
had 56 buffers.

I was able to raise card #2 to 256, but not to 320 (audio did not work
anymore with 320).

So, I have now set both to 256. The CPU usage of mythfrontend still
rises while playing, but not so fast anymore. 30% CPU after 45 minutes
of playing.

So the audio buffer size seems to be related with the problem.

BTW, when a show finishes and the audio streams change, CPU usage is
being "resetted" back to 0%.

Anything else I can do or try?

Thanks!

Regards,