[mythtv-users] livetv choppy DVB-S1/2 (player waited x ms for video buffers)

Stefan Pappalardo sjuk at gmx.de
Sun Aug 25 10:11:42 UTC 2013

Decreasing the "ringbuffer size" to min value was not the solution.
It was simply "luck" that there were fewer waiting-messages in the log,
directly after the change.
(I increased the buffer back to its max value: 96256 kb.)

Perhaps it is not possible to get livetv without stuttering with mythtv
since version 0.25, because of a new design for handling livetv?!?

Does anyone has got a setting without choppy / stuttering livetv out there?
If there is someone, can you please give us your specs (hard-/software)
and one to three days of mythfrontend.log).

Thank you