[mythtv-users] recent information for programming harmony remotes?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Aug 26 00:25:49 UTC 2013

On 13-08-25 01:49 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:

> The Harmony profile is just a list of IR codes that the remote knows
> your receiver can understand. That part of things is no different than
> what any cheapo All-for-One remote can do.

Of course.  I do know all of this IR stuff you know.  I am sure with a
little time and effort I could also figure out how to re-blaze the trail
of how to customize profiles for a Harmony remote, but you see, I am
trying to not waste time re-inventing wheels that have already been
invented.

> The value of a Harmony remote
> is in the activities, IR macros, and management of power and input
> states of multiple devices, and that configuration is independent of
> anything that has to happen on the PC side of things.

Yes, again, I do know all of this.  I have one of these remotes already.
  It's the details of making these macros and programming the soft keys,
etc. that I don't want to waste time figuring out how to do if somebody
has already done all of that.

Do you have any *specific* information about how that is done for
Harmony remotes as it is *that* that is the crux of what I am asking
about here.

b.