[mythtv-users] Hauppauge grey remote with homemade serial IR receiver in MythTV 0.26 and Fedora 19

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 09:30:07 UTC 2013

On 26 August 2013 19:05, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> That sounds like the IR device has moved to a different address due to
> the new serial device being on a lower hardware address than your IR
> receiver.  Try using udev to make a fixed device name out of the IR
> receiver you are trying to use.  This is what I use in
> /etc/udev/rules.d/10-local.rules to make sure my mother's Hauppauge
> TD-500 remote is always on /dev/lirc0:

I linked to /dev/lirc0 which is the only remote installed on my
system; so it doesn't matter where in the chain the device is located.

also, you probably missed the fact that I'm back to exactly the same
configuration; so absolutely 0 has changed from a hardware perspective
and it's still causing issue...

when you read about people with LIRC who gets to struggle with things
and suddenly it works after a reboot (which was also my case), that
tend to prove my thinking that LIRC is unreliable as hell these days

> # Hauppauge Nova TD-500 remote control IR receiver
> SUBSYSTEM=="input", KERNEL=="event*", ATTRS{idVendor}=="2040",
> ATTRS{idProduct}=="8400", SYMLINK+="lirc0"
>
> In my case, the idVendor and idProduct values from lsusb are all that
> is needed to identify the IR receiver device:
>
> Bus 003 Device 002: ID 2040:8400 Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T-500
>
> Then change your /etc/lirc/hardware.conf:
>
> REMOTE_DEVICE="/dev/lirc0"

already have that