[mythtv-users] Hauppauge grey remote with homemade serial IR receiver in MythTV 0.26 and Fedora 19

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 10:45:03 UTC 2013

On 26 August 2013 20:35, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> Your hardware.conf currently requires a /dev/lirc0 device.  Your udev
> rule is not creating that device, but is creating a /dev/mceremote
> device.  The /dev/lirc0 device may be being created automatically by
> something, but it would be best if you tied it all down using matching
> udev rules and hardware.conf settings.  With your current config, do
> you actually have a /dev/lirc0 device?  What does ls -al /dev/li*
> show?

no, it looks at an lircX device, and create /dev/mceremote that is a link.

lirc0 is created automatically by the kernel, like any other lirc
device. All I wanted was to have a constant device name that wouldn't
change between /dev/lirc0 , /dev/lirc1 etc...

And proof is:
$ ls -l /dev | grep lirc
crw-------   1 root root    248,   0 Aug 25 18:41 lirc0
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root          19 Aug 25 18:41 lircd -> /var/run/lirc/lircd
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root           5 Aug 25 18:41 mceremote -> lirc0

I've already posted the udevadm to /dev/lirc0

but we're not here to argue about udev rules... it's not at play here