[mythtv-users] user jobs

linuxed7 at yahoo.com linuxed7 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 26 14:19:30 UTC 2013

MythTV Version : v0.26.0-37-g340b5d4
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.26
Network Protocol : 75
Library API : 0.26.20120822-1
QT Version : 4.8.3
Options compiled in:
linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg using_libass
 using_libxml2

I am trying to configure a few user jobs but I can't seem to get any of them to work.  If I load the mythtv backend setup screen and navigate through the pages in the general section everything appears to be correct.  The user jobs are enabled, the labels are correct and the commands are correct.  But if I view a scheduled recording in mythweb none of the user job labels appear.  It's just 4 checkboxes without any text.  I can check one of the unlabeled checkboxes and it does get added to the queue but the operation is never successful.  It states that it was successful but it's as if the command was never executed.

Here's an image of the checkboxes on a scheduled recording.

http://imageshack.us/a/img17/292/jlxp.jpg

Here's an image of the user job buttons and the recently completed jobs
 list.

http://imageshack.us/a/img202/6185/d1f3.jpg

I've checked the settings table in the database and everything appears to be correct.  The JobAllowUserJob1 is set to 1 and the UserJobDesc1 and UserJob1 values are correct.  Any time I enable/disable one of the user jobs in the backend setup it creates duplicates for each of the JobAllowUserJob1-4 settings in the database and the hostname is occasionally set to NULL.  Unfortuantely even if I remove the duplicates and set the correct hostname the user job labels still don't appear in mythweb and the user jobs still don't execute successfully.  Any suggestions?