[mythtv-users] Hauppauge grey remote with homemade serial IR receiver in MythTV 0.26 and Fedora 19

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 13:14:52 UTC 2013

Allright.

I gave it another go...

this time trying with ir-keytable

$ sudo ir-keytable

Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event5) with:
Driver mceusb, table rc-rc6-mce
Supported protocols: NEC RC-5 RC-6 JVC SONY LIRC other
Enabled protocols: NEC RC-5 RC-6 JVC SONY LIRC other
Repeat delay = 500 ms, repeat period = 125 ms

After unplugging/replugging the device: this is what I now get:

$ sudo ir-keytable
Found /sys/class/rc/rc2/ (/dev/input/event5) with:
Driver mceusb, table rc-rc6-mce
Supported protocols: NEC RC-5 RC-6 JVC SONY LIRC other
Enabled protocols: LIRC
Repeat delay = 500 ms, repeat period = 125 ms

interesting that this time it's just LIRC as enabled protocol.. I
remember playing with some settings so all the protocols would be
enabled.

in any case.
ir-keytable -t gives me absolutely nothing (before and after unplug/replug)
I can see the IR sensor blinking as I press key on my remote..

but that's about it :(