[mythtv-users] Hardware question

Stephen P. Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 18:17:58 UTC 2013

I have a venerable Dell Dimension 530-MT that I'm using as my MythTV
backend. I occasionally view programs through it, but largely view
programs from a remote front end.

The video card failed, an ancient Nvidia unit and I have a really
ancient card in the computer now. Any suggestions on a decent,
inexpensive AGP or PCI card for that box to give acceptable frame rates
(some videos give spectacularly poor performance, many give acceptable
performance)?
Been out of the hardware world for a handful of years, so I've lost track.
Thoughts on the Jaton ATI Radeon HD5450 512MB DDR3 card? I'd like to
keep the option for HDMI open, if reasonably possible.