[mythtv-users] Carbon Footprint

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 15:18:33 UTC 2013

On 08/30/2013 08:49 AM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
 > I disabled the "hpet" and corrected some other inappropriate html
> translations in the "turn off hwclock script" entered the test commands in
> the "sudo sh -c" method, with no complaint from the terminal, but still
> IRQ=no; does this mean I need to be brave and try the commands as "root"?
>
> daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ cat /proc/driver/rtc
> rtc_time : 09:38:10
> rtc_date : 2013-08-30
> alrm_time : 09:42:50
> alrm_date : 2013-08-30
> alarm_IRQ : no
> alrm_pending : no
>    //snip//

Hi;

Here's a test script that I just tested on my 12.04 *buntu host.
It's a cut down version of what I use to set the alarm on my
system before it shuts down:

     http://pastebin.com/qeQbHvF7

Instructions are in the top of the file.

You run it *as* root with the sudo command. You don't need to
*become* the root user and then run the command. Fine line I
guess.

When I do it, the output shows the following:

rtc_time	: 15:10:44
rtc_date	: 2013-08-30
alrm_time	: 15:11:44
alrm_date	: 2013-08-30
alarm_IRQ	: yes
HPET_emulated	: no

It was 10:10:44 local time when I ran the command.

--
Bill