[mythtv-users] mythfrontend with radeon driver

Dave Ulrick d-ulrick at comcast.net
Fri Aug 30 20:56:11 UTC 2013

On Sat, 31 Aug 2013, HP-mini wrote:

> Note that the FOSS radeon driver supports (a subset of) VDPAU & VAAPI on
> some AMD h/w via the UVD engine.
> http://www.x.org/wiki/RadeonFeature/

I've experimented with the VDPAU playback profile but it didn't work (I
got the "Please wait..." after selecting a recording, the screen went
black, and mythfrontend locked up in need of a 'kill') so apparently this
feature isn't supported with my hardware. I don't think I've tried the
VAAPI profile so I'll definitely give that a shot.

> KDE desktop settings allow composite effects redirection to be disabled
> for full screen video apps like MythTV.

Yes, I have that option enabled. It's under System Settings -> Desktop
Settings -> Advanced.

Dave
--
Dave Ulrick