[mythtv-users] Setup New Backend on same LAN as Old Backend?

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Sat Aug 31 09:21:10 UTC 2013

On 31.08.2013 08:13, tortise wrote:
> Is it ok to setup a new (mythbuntu 12.04) Backend on the same LAN subnet
> as an existing old 0.23 fixes backend or are there some smarts which
> will interact? (Until the old backup is migrated to the new box - plan
> is switch 0.23 to 0.25 on the old box, once satisfied it all good, back
> it up, and restore on the new box...)

I'm not aware of any issues that prevent running multiple separate
MythTV clusters in the same network. You just need to watch out for
mixing both setups. e.g. change the hostname of one of both instances
and remember to keep references from the frontend to the correct
backend.

But I would strongly advise to update to something newer than 0.25.
Either fixes/0.26 or the upcoming 0.27 which is going to be out "soon".
The MythbuntuControlCentre allows you to update to what is still the
development version and will stay on 0.27 instead of master after the
release.

Regards,
Karl