[mythtv-users] Questions about WinLIRC

Stephen P. Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 14:57:46 UTC 2013

On 12/1/13, 9:47 AM, Craig Huff wrote:
> On Saturday, November 30, 2013, Karl Dietz wrote:
>

>     It appears to depend on the specific chipset in the dongle and the
>     answer is most likely "no" at the moment.
>
>     http://www.lirc.org/irda.html
>
>     Regards,
>     Karl
>

> Sigh... Nothing ventured, etc.
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Craig.

I've recently purchased two IR remote/sensor units.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0055QKA5O/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i03?ie=UTF8&psc=1
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008EQ6QI2/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My wife disliked the first model, as it lacked an index "knob" that is a
reference for those who are visually impaired. While she is not visually
impaired, she does like to operate the remote at night in the dark.
The second model she does like, in spite of its lack of an index "knob",
as the key spacing and layout is good enough for her to figure out where
what button does what in the dark.

That said, the dispute over television on or off at night is ongoing,
rapidly nearing 32 years in length of dispute and showing no sign of
abating.   ;)