[mythtv-users] None of recorded shows getting commerical flagged

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Dec 3 02:49:10 UTC 2013

On 12/02/2013 09:03 PM, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 12/02/2013 07:22 PM,
> <someone-who's-name-was-removed-to-protect-the-guilty> wrote:
>> I also had looked at the database using the following command once in
>> it: "select * from jobqueue;"  Every status was listed as 1 (queued -
>> looked up on the wiki).  The only strange item was that "type" was
>> both 2 (commflag) and 4 (user job #4).  I don't have anything setup
>> for user job #4...  I ran mythtv-setup to ensure it could be run, but
>> nothing has changed based on that change.
>
> There may be an easier source of the info, but I use this:
>

> http://code.mythtv.org/cgit/mythtv/tree/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/jobqueue.h#n73
>
> 4 = metadatalookup.
>
> Note that you can change the verbose level back to 'normal' with
> --setverbose general.
> Or, add/subtract whatever you like (e.g. jobqueue in this case.)
> --setloglevel debug
> may also help.

Wait, so you're saying that someone's attempting to directly read the
database data resulted in an error in interpretation of said data--an
error in interpretation that wouldn't have occurred if using the user
interface in mythfrontend, as described (in extremely good detail) by Zigs?

I guess this is just the exception and not the rule and 99.999999999999%
of the time, any user would correctly interpret the raw data.  So by all
means, people, please ignore the frontend interface and just play around
in the database.  I mean, after all, what kind of a wimp would use MS
Word or LibreOffice Writer or OpenOffice.org Writer to edit a .doc
file?  Real computer experts just poke bytes directly into the .doc file.

Mike