[mythtv-users] after 0.27 upgrade, FEs not playing mythtv:// protocol; storage groups are gone

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue Dec 3 18:28:30 UTC 2013

On 03/12/13 15:49, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-12-02 at 21:32 -0500, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> It sounds like you changed host names
>
> Of the BE?  It's been the same name for years.  It certainly did not
> change between 0.26 where things were working and 0.27 where they are
> not.

Not as crazy as it sounds. My frontend hostname has changed, inadvertently,

This seems to be due to subtle changes in the way the OS uses (or sets) the
/etc/hostname field (amongst others) whenever you do an OS upgrade.

The only way to tell what's there and what you should be using is to go to the
database: 'select * from settings order by hostname' will probably find you a
bunch of old hosts you had forgotten about.

The solution to all this is to put a unique identifier into your config.xml file
- presumably the 'hostname' you think you used previously. This will ensure that
everybody is using the same name for that host.

--

Mike Perkins