[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase not automatically running since upgrade to .27

Scott Smith pickle136 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 3 18:44:26 UTC 2013

________________________________
 From: Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com>
To: Myth User <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 3, 2013 1:35 PM
Subject: [mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase not automatically running since upgrade to .27

Hi List,

I may just need a reminder, but how do I set up mythfilldatabase to run automatically?  Since upgrading to .27, it is not doing this anymore.  Fortunately, I noticed on thanksgiving I had no data and ran it manually, but would like to avoid this or using the old cron job method.

Thanks

Its in the mythtvsetup, but i think its set to run automatically as long as you didnt change anything.

My setup was broken for ages and I needed to do manual updates to grab data. I was hoping the situation would improve with 0.27. It didnt. I use KDE and happened across a nice KDE setup app for cron jobs. It appears to have worked perfect and was pretty simple to configure.

As far as I could gather from older posts I came across there was a change from using wget to some method within Qt to download data. I think what happened in my case is that I have a not so stable or fast connection. Speculating wget had better retry mechanisms than the Qt method and was less likely to just give up.