[mythtv-users] Question on channel record removal

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Wed Dec 4 23:05:34 UTC 2013

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 2:18 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com>wrote:

> > Only "visible" channles can be recorded.
>
> I see...so essentially in my case an all record rule theoretically
> wouldn't need the "this channel" filter if the others are not visible.
>  I suppose if I were to do that however that even temporarily making
> on of those channels visible to watch a game etc runs the risk that a
> re-schedule would pick up that channel....so I probably need the
> filter either way.

As I understand it, non-"visible" channels can still be viewed in Live TV,
but I think you have to type in the number--I think it's skipped in the
guide or by channel up/down. If you want to watch a game live, that may be
an option. And when you upgrade, your "Any time on this channel" rules will
be automatically converted to "Any time on any channel" rules with the
"This Channel" filter set. I used 0.25 for quite a while (on Gentoo) and
about 2 months ago I upgraded to 0.27 (skipped 0.26). It's been generally
an improvement all around. Not everything that was broken from 0.24 to 0.25
was fixed, but it's generally better.

Karl