[mythtv-users] Control of Bell (Canada) sat receiver

Andrew C. Stadt acstadt at stadt.ca
Thu Dec 5 23:56:09 UTC 2013

On 04/12/2013 11:51 AM, Michelle Dupuis wrote:
> I'm looking at replacing my satellite receiver, and would really like
> one that I can control by firewire or serial, etc. Although IR works
> 95% of the time, that last 5% pisses me off.
> Any Bell Expressvu customers out there who can comment on a preferred
> receiver?

Good luck, haven't found one yet. Both Bell & Rogers seem to love
disabling all the "extra" ports (firewire, usb (except for mass storage
support), etc). Did find that every Bell receiver I've tested also
supports the 'Dish' IR codes, which include discrete power-on commands,
and work far better then Bell's own IR codes, just really need to make
sure the emitter is positioned correctly.

If you find something, please let me know, though considering going FTA.

Cheers,

Andrew.