[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup UI not drawn

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Fri Dec 6 21:37:32 UTC 2013

Hi:

I have a user trying to set up Myth 0.27 on a Mac Mini running OS X
10.8 via MacPorts.  The problem is, when he launches mythtv-setup, it
displays a brown screen but none of the UI elements are visible and
he can't proceed.  Log (--verbose all --loglevel debug) is here:

http://pastebin.ca/2493648

The official bundled app fails in the same manner but it is more
difficult to capture a log.

He has reloaded Myth several times and can never get past this point.
I can't see anything wrong; the same version of mythtv-setup works
fine for me.  (Well, except for the channel scan issue I posted about
the other day--but that's much further into the setup than he is
getting.)

Suggestions gratefully accepted.

Craig