[mythtv-users] 0.27 mythcenter theme: cannot scroll up from the top any more

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sat Dec 7 18:55:54 UTC 2013

On 05/12/13 15:14, steve.goodey at openreach.co.uk wrote:
> [...]

Lets look on the positive side. You should be happy that Myth is
flexible enough to allow you to change things like the scroll wrap in
lists or which start time is used or whether fan art is shown or whether
end times are shown or ..... How many Media Centers do you come across
that are that flexible?

If the people complaining (a small minority out of the 1339 confirmed
users AFAIK) are serious why not get together and create a
MythCenter-wide-Classic theme or whatever you want to call it. If one or
more of you agree to keep it up to date we can add it to the theme
chooser so anyone can use it if they choose.

The important thing is someone needs to take responsibility to keep it
updated. It's not a difficult job you don't need to be a programmer it's
mostly editing an xml file and testing your changes. You just need to
keep an eye on the commits list for anything that requires changes to a
theme and update the theme accordingly. There is always help at hand in
the theme mailing list or irc channel if you need it.

This is usually where things go very quiet :). Developers are expected
to work many hours a week on Myth but ask a user to spend maybe 1/2 an
hour a month if that to help out and the excuses come flooding out :(

Paul H.