[mythtv-users] Channel Editor weirdness on .27 fixes

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Sat Dec 7 20:03:41 UTC 2013

Everybody,

Today I decided to rescan for digital channels on my mother's myth
system.  Charter has recently added several unencrypted digital channels.

This system has 2 HVR-500s and 1 HDHR (Non-Prime)  The backend is running:

mythbackend --version
MythTV Version : v0.27-109-gcb744f8
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.27
Network Protocol : 77
Library API : 0.27.20131107-1
QT Version : 4.8.4
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_dvb using_frontend
using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr using_ivtv using_libfftw3
using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl using_opengl_video
using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_taglib using_v4l2
using_x11 using_profiletype using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads
using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2

The OS is:

lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release:        13.04
Codename:       raring

Both the backend and the frontend are compiled from source.  The
frontend is running Magiea2 under LXDE.

I made a backup of the database
Deleted all channel lineups
Deleted all tuners and only added back the HDHR.
I re-created a digital lineup and entered the Scheduledirect info

As a test, I only scanned for on channel 15, since it has 13
multiplexs.  All channels were scanned and I could view them in the
front end.

The problems started when I went to use the channel editor to identify them.

First multiplex 15.3:

ABCFHD
679
ABC Family HD
59615

Saved it and moved on to the next channel.

Pressing E for edit and it shows the information of the channel I just
configured.  In fact, all of the channels I haven't configured yet show
this.

If I ignore it and erase it with what that the currently tuned channel
is supposed to be, then ABC Family HD now has a new channel number,
description and XMLID.

I tried this on my home system, pretty much the same build and it works
just fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Doug