[mythtv-users] New channel logo not displaying

blind Pete 0123peter at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 01:07:45 UTC 2013

On Mon, 09 Dec 2013 08:17:39 -0600
Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/09/2013 03:32 AM, Mike Perkins wrote:
> > On 09/12/13 03:10, blind Pete wrote:
> >> Sorry to hijack the thread...
> >>
> >> On Mythbuntu 12.04.3 with Mythtv
> >> 0.27+fixes that seems to be,
> >> /root/.mythtv/channels/[image_files].
> >>
> >> I've linked /root/.mythtv/channels to point to
> >> /etc/mythtv/channels which points to
> >> /home/[user]/.mythtv/channels.
> >>
> >> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/chnnels/ exists, but is empty.
> >>
> >> That *mostly* works.  Some icons are not displayed.
> >>
> >> I've downloaded Frogman's pale blue png icons for Australia.
> >>
> > The potential problem with icons stored under the root directory is
> > that they will have restrictive permissions. The mythtv user might
> > be able to read them but updating them would probably not work.
> >
> > Better to put them under /etc/channels and give them the correct
> > user/group/permissions, then everyone can find, use and update them.
>
> Hi, but he's on 0.27 and the backend expects to find the channels
> directory under the .mythtv/channels directory of the user that runs
> the backend. If they're put there, then all frontends, mythweb and
> the Services API will be able to find them (as will Webfrontend in
> 0.28.) Nothing wrong with putting them in /etc/channels and creating
> a link to that directory, it's just not necessary.

Now I am a bit confused.  I've removed the links to links and
installed four different colored Frogboy sets; red, green, blue,
and plain.

This might change again after I reboot tomorrow, there seems
to be a time delay before things are picked up, but at the
moment...

/home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels is used after pressing "i" for
information a couple of times while viewing something. Everything
else seems to be from /home/psd/.mythtv/channels.

--
testing
bP