[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun - Comcast shut off clear QAM

Stefan Jones stefan_jones at comcast.net
Wed Dec 11 05:07:37 UTC 2013

It *must* be an "M" card. The first one I got was an "S" card.

The one they gave me is a Motorola. I'm not sure if Comcast uses those by default.

Once the card is installed in the HDHR, and you have it connected, you can point a browser at its IP address (assigned by DHCP). The various pages it displays have the information you'll need to give the Comcat activation phone line.

Tell the support person it is a CableCard, and needs to be provisioned as one.